Kim Tran is an energetic entrepreneur based in Perth, Western Australia. From a young age, Kim has been driven to bring big ideas to life and has surrounded herself by specialists that inspire her to achieve her vision to create quality products and brands.
Kim’s main focus during her 20’s has been running Perth’s most awarded skin clinic, La Belle Peau. La Belle Peau treats local, domestic and international clients all who value the clinic’s high-performance approach to skin treatments.
La Belle Peau has developed a reputation based on ‘real results’ that surpass industry standards in dermal therapy.
Kim was called to her career after suffering from severe acne during her teenage years. After she completed her International Beauty Therapy Diploma at the age of 16, Kim graduated as Student of the Year. Soon after she realised there was a need for more advanced treatments than what was offered in a beauty salon.
For that reason, Kim furthered her studies into Cosmetic Dermal Science at AACDS through Curtin University. Before her 18th birthday, Kim became the youngest student to graduate from this course, and was again honored with the Student of the Year Award.
In 2015, Kim was awarded the Australian Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year 2015 and in 2016 was a winner of the West Australian Business News’ 40 under 40 Awards.
While these two products sit in different industries, Kim’s vision for the two brands was the same; create a product and brand promise that caters to a gap in the market.
The ESWO was created especially with the busy professional woman in mind.
Kim Tran performs this treatment, a first in the Australian market, exclusively at La Belle Peau.
Kim says of the treatment; “The Extreme Skin Work Out (ESWO) comprises five customized medical strength treatments to target common skin complaints, performed in one single sitting. This goes against the traditional one-appointment, one-treatment approach and is designed specifically for busy clients who want extraordinary results. Think of it like a three hour cardio session for your skin”.
Slate Café has delivered a hospitality experience with a difference to locals living in Perth’s Swan Valley as well as visitors to the area. The food is inspired by Kim’s native Vietnam and the focus is on delivering a family and pet friendly experience, with a high quality yet casual culinary offering. Kim developed the concept with five fellow ‘coffee snobs’ and the café while hasn’t reached its first birthday yet, has opened to rave reviews and the café often experiences a healthy line out the door on weekends.
In addition to Kim’s business portfolio, Kim is one of the founding members for Hands For Hope in Western Australia, a charity that provides direct support and assistance to the disadvantaged children in remote communities in Vietnam.
Kim is also an ambassador for the Australasian Academy of Cosmetic Dermal Science and a regular on the speaking circuit at various conferences and events.
While not immersing herself into her business, Kim enjoys an active social life with a group of close friends and her furbaby named Baylee, a long haired chihuahua. Kim is known to her friends as a caring friend, excellent listener and passionate professional who can often be caught working into the early hours of the morning on her many passion projects.
Stay tuned for Kim’s next business venture launching in 2018, her own skincare line, ADARA Cosmeceuticals.
- Finalist of WA Telstra Business Awards 2017
- Winner of WA Business News’ 40 under 40 Awards 2016
- National Winner of Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year Award 2015
- Winner of Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year Award in Western Australia 2015
Industry & Academic Awards
- Winner Clinic of the Year by Advanced Skin Technology 2017
- Finalist Clinic of the Year Award by Advanced Skin Technology 2015
- Finalist Clinic of the Year Award by Advanced Skin Technology 2014
- Most Improved Clinic of the Year by Clinic Care 2012
- Clinic of the Year by Ultraceuticals 2010
- Advanced Therapist of the Year by Ultraceuticals 2010
- Therapist of the Year by Ultraceuticals 2008
- Student of the Year at the Australasian Academy of Cosmetic Dermal Science & Curtin University 2006
- Student of the Year at Perth College of Beauty Therapy 2004
- Student of the Year at the International Dermal Institute 2004
- Overall Female Winner A.C.E. Student Convention Australia 2003